The Most Common Commercial Roofing Options in Houston, TX
You have several types of commercial roofing systems to choose from. Here are the most common commercial roofing options in Houston.
- Built-Up Roofing Membrane (BUR) - This is a standard tar and gravel roof.
- Metal Roofing - This type of roof is popular because of the many different types of metal roofing available. The metal roof option is a combination of your choice of metal with several protective surface layers added to it to manage damage from environmental conditions.
- Coatings - Coatings are popular due to their reflectivity among other reasons. These could include Elastomeric (EPDM), Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO), and Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC).
- Green Roofing - These are becoming more and more popular. A green roofing system is not only beautiful, but it is truly a sustainable option and does a great job of protecting a building from the elements. Green roofing can also effectively manage water and drainage properly, as well as improve energy efficiency.
How Long Should a Commercial Roof Last?
A quality commercial roof should last between 10 and 40 years on average. However, a roof's life expectancy will vary depending on the environmental conditions, the materials used, how well it has been maintained, and other factors that might be specific to your particular building and location.
How to Find a Reputable Commercial Roofing Company in Houston
One of the most important aspects of installing a new commercial roof is finding a reputable commercial roofing contractor in Houston, TX. Here are a few questions to ask that will help you determine if any given contractor is reputable...or not.
- Do they offer any guarantees?
- Do they have a good BBB rating?
- Do they have any Preferred Contractor manufacturer certifications?
- Are they properly licensed and insured?
- Do they offer any warranties?
- Do they have good online and offline references and testimonials?
- Do they have a local address and phone number?
These are just a few traits of a reputable Houston commercial roofing contractor. Other things to keep in mind include the roofing company's customer service performance and if they provide you with a detailed scope of the project in writing. Having a detailed scope of the project in writing is extremely important. This will help ensure there are no surprises, etc.
What Should Be Included in a Roofing Estimate?
Here are a few things that a reputable commercial roofing contractor will include in their scope of work or estimate of your project.
- Accepted payment information.
- Estimated project timeline.
- Cost of removing, hauling, and disposing of old materials, including the price of a dumpster and any heavy equipment if needed. At the very least, make sure the contractor puts in writing whether the estimate includes such costs or not.
- A detailed description of the materials and their estimated cost.
- Guarantees and other expectations.
- Material and workmanship warranties.
- A section for possible add-on costs that could result in additional charges.
- Cleanup procedures and guarantees.
- Insurance and licensing information.
- An exit clause on how either party can terminate the agreement without incurring penalties and the specific circumstances in which this clause would apply.
Contact Us Today for a FREE Inspection
Roof Repair Squad in Houston, Texas has over 3,000 satisfied customers, an A+ Better Business Bureau rating and earned an Award for Excellence Winner of Distinction accolade with the BBB in 2019, we also have more than 500 Google 5-Star reviews. So Contact Us today for your FREE inspection. We'd love to show you just how easy and affordable replacing your commercial roof in Houston can be.